Weddings & Banns

If you live in our parish and you both have UK or EC citizenship then you can be married at St Luke’s Church by banns. Please contact us for a banns form and arrange a time to come in to the Parish Office with your completed form along with your passports and proofs of address. You can check which parish you live in at the Church of England’s Parishfinder website.

If one or both of you do not have UK or EC citizenship you will need to obtain a Superintendent Registrar’s Certificate. Please contact the Parish Office to arrange a time to come in with your documents and discuss the best way forward.

If you are getting married in a parish church in the Church of England and you live in our parish, you will need to have your Banns of Marriage read at St Luke’s, as well as the parish in which you are marrying. You can check which parish you live in at Parishfinder on the Church of England website.

Banns are read during our Sunday morning services for three consecutive Sundays, starting four weeks before the date of your wedding. There are parochial fees for the publication of fees for the publication and certificate of banns, and you will need to present your banns certificate to the minister who is marrying you. Please contact the parish office to have a banns form emailed or mailed to you: 020 8761 0068 /

We encourage all those preparing for a wedding to undertake marriage preparation. We offer a three-session evening course to all couples who live in our parish, whether or not they are getting married at St Luke’s. The sessions are light-hearted and fun, and everyone who comes has a great time, as well as learning a lot about what to expect in marriage and how to deal with it.

The Church of England has a great website called Your Church Wedding that can help you discover everything you might need to know about getting married in church. You can also view our weddings leaflet here.